Your shopping cart is empty!
There are many different toppings you can add to your Knakebrot.
Here are our five favourites:
Hummus + shaved cucumber + sesame seeds
Sliced mozzarella + tomato + basil
Cream cheese + smoked salmon + capers
Feta or cottage cheese + radish + cucumber
Nut butter + apple + honey
Prep Time: 15 mins / Cook Time: 20 mins / Total Time: 35 mins / Servings: 40 pieces / Recipe Source: www.196flavors.com
1 1/4 cup rye flour
1/2 cup spelt flour
1/4 cup quick rolled oats
2 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 1/2 tbsp buckwheat groats
1 1/2 tbsp linseed (flaxseed)
4 tbsp sunflower seeds, roasted and salted
7 tbsp pumpkin seeds, roasted and salted
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup water
1/3 cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 410F / 210 C
2. Mix all the ingredients until obtaining a smooth dough. The dough must not be kneaded too long.
3. Divide the dough into three portions. Roll out the dough thinly between 2 sheets of baking paper. Remove the top baking paper and place on baking sheet.
4. With a sharp knife, cut rectangles the size you'd like the dough.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. To obtain crispier knaekbrod increase cooking time by a few minutes.
6. Cool completely on wire rack and store in a well-sealed metal box.