Posted By 0 Comment(s) 315 View(s) Recipes
This recipe for home made Knaeckelbroed Crackers was sent to us by one of of our customers. We love the simple ingredients and the fact that it is easy to make.
" It's one of those recipes, once you have made them, the brought ones don't cut the mustard. They are very easy to make."
200ml Fine Polenta
75ml Sunflower seeds
50ml Sesame seeds
50ml Pumpkin seeds
50ml Olive oil
250ml boiling water
1. Mix all dry ingredients together & stir in olive oil. Lastly pour in boiling water and mix well.
‘* if mix is too wet, leave for a few minutes to thicken up before rolling out.
2. Lay a piece of baking paper out on a bench and spoon on some of the mix then lay another piece of paper on top and using a rolling pin flatten mix to desired thickness.
3. Lightly ‘mark’ out crackers with a sharp knife.
4. Sprinkle with garlic salt (optional) and bake at 150 on fanbake for around 45 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Cool a little on a rack before breaking up into crackers.